Monday, February 8, 2010

Passion Never Dies

I was introduced to the most fantastic movie this weekend. Wicker Park, starring Josh Hartnett, is perhaps the most brilliantly written and directed film I have ever seen. Ever. Really. Watch it.

The story is about "a young Chicago advertising executive [who] believes a woman he sees in a café is his long-lost love. His conviction leads to obsession, as he puts his life on hold to trail her." (IMDB)

Okay, I know that it sound cheesy, but it was mind blowing. The first half or so of the movie, you basically have no idea what is going on. The story goes back and forth between present time and flashbacks from different characters (which is a brilliant directing choice considering the plot, but I'm not going to tell you.). But when it all starts fitting together... oh boy. Hold on to your seats! And, for my fellow Shakespeare lovers, there is even a small dose of William thrown in there for us.

Okay, enough from me. I don't want to give anything away, so GO WATCH IT!


(For some reason the embed code is cutting off the left part of the frame, so here's the link if you want to see the whole picture: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UONKjg0Q-ho )


And now back to my homework.

...Seriously though. Watch it.

0 comments: