Friday, February 26, 2010

30 Goals for 30 Days

Right now I am taking a leadership class through the Residence Life program so that I can be an RA next year. I'm probably a nerd, but I absolutely love the class! Yesterday we talked about developing and maintaining healthy lifestyles. We discussed that health is not just physical well-being, but it encompasses emotional, intellectual, spiritual, and social well-being as well. It is a two-hour class, so I'll spare you the details, but I just wanted to share one thing that we did that I think everyone should see.

To end the day's class, the instructor presented to us the idea of a "Daily Decision Log." It is simply a list of daily behaviors that you want to develop or maintain in order to maintain your ideal healthy lifestyle. These things need not be hard or complex, just small simple things that you can do without having to schedule them into your day. You turn them into yes or no questions and put arrange them into a checklist, then you use the checklist for 30 days and see how you improve. I took my own view on it, dividing each item into different categories and coming up with a total of 30 items (which was more than the example he gave us) so I can have 30 goals to work on for 30 days. Here is the list that I came up with.

**Note: I uploaded this as a googledoc, so the formatting is a little screwy. The real version looks better, but it gives you an idea. Let me know if there are any problems with the link.

I'm going to start marking my lists on Monday, March 1. I am excited to start this project and give you all permission to copy this idea and make your own!

0 comments: