I think I need a bigger umbrella.
I've learned something this week. Well, I guess I've always known it, but I've definitely been re-learning it. There are times when nothing seems to go right. You might have a professor that scares the pants off of you, or get piled on with mountains of homework and not be able to seem to find any time to even get started. Your job might end sooner than you were anticipating and leave you, once again, with no income. There may be a sweet and slightly nerdy boy at work that takes you out on one date, wants to hold your hand, and then texts you all the time and wants to spend every day with you. Water might get spilled on your computer and ruin the keyboard, or your bank might go under leaving you temporarily without access to your money. Or, if you're really lucky, you could end up like me and have all of the above happen in one weekend.
But if you are lucky like me, then you know that Heavenly Father doesn't just leave us sitting in the gutter with no rain boots. He surrounds us with people who love us and are always willing to help. He gives us friends that are smart and can help us understand the foreign language of politics. He blesses us with a neighbor and a friend who knows everything there is to know about computers and is more than willing to try to fix yours for nothing more than a good hug. He gives us wonderful moms to call eight times in one day to help you figure things out, and who would give you the world if she could, simply because you are her daughter. He gives us a great group of friends who stick by your side while the awkward boy from work is around, and accept you even though you are probably the world's worst bowler. He blesses us with an amazing boss who, even though she barely knows you, offers to give you a cash loan while you are trying to get your bank accounts sorted out. And He blesses us with a roommate and a best friend who does your dishes while you're gone, just because she knows you're having a bad day. He blesses us with all of these people so that when it feels like you're drowning in everything that's going wrong, they'll be there to pull you back into the boat and dry you off again.
Sometimes you laugh,Sometimes you cry.Sometimes you singAnd sometimes you sigh.But never give up.You're never alone.Never stop believing--You're never far from home.Christ is always watching,He always understands.He's always there to listen,Always stretching forth His hand.
4 comments:
i adore you.
I am sorry about your weekend, but you have an amazing attitude and i love you for that. love you so much! things will be okay :)
Ah! Not good Rachel. I'm really sorry you had to deal with all that, but I'm also glad that things are working out. Let me know if there is EVER ANYTHING I can do. Really.
Dear Rachel Pearce,
You are a choice woman. And I wanna marry you. And also, I too am cursing Barnes Bank.
Thanks for your spiritual example.
I love you.
:)
Post a Comment