Friday, September 18, 2009

Big Kid School

School has been in session for almost a month, and I've yet to write anything about it. So, for anyone who cares, I apologize. School is going fabulously! I am absolutely loving it up here! My classes aren't necessarily exciting by any means, but most of the time I find them interesting. I am currently taking creative arts, nutrition, human development, and statistics (Just the minimum 12 credits. Yes, I'm a wuss, but that's the way I like it.). This week I had my first two college exams. Yikes! Luckily I passed both of them, and didn't do too badly either.

Life in Logan is better than I could have ever imagined. I never thought that it could be this fun. My roommate, Brooklin, is a blast! Her and I are so much alike, except that she's cuter and much more bubbly than I am. (No, it's true. She already has a following of boys.) We have lots of fun together and we help each other stay motivated. My ward is great too! I love all the people on my floor, especially the girls two doors down. I love how here you can be almost constantly surrounded by friends and positive influences.
Brooklin and Lindsay, two of my roommates
Things I've learned in college so far:
  • There is definitely a long way and a quick way to get places
  • Don't lick the walls. The paint has lead in it.
  • Do your dishes BEFORE you get to the point where the only thing you have clean is a spoon
  • Apparently, not everyone has a mother that teaches them to clean up after themselves
  • You can find friends in unexpected places
  • A new song on the guitar
  • Dancing in the rain will always be fun
  • The anatomy of the digestive system
  • Not having anything on Mondays is the most glorious thing in the world
  • How to clean out a fish bowl with nothing but a small cup and an orange juice pitcher
  • A sheet of ice shatters quite splendidly when you drop it off a third floor balcony
  • There's a $50 fine for dropping things off the third floor balcony
  • I love the library
  • You can become best friends with people who were previously strangers in a matter of days
  • Nothing beats acoustic poetry night
  • USU must be the favorite school of Asians
  • There are lots of fun things to do with hospital masks
  • It hurts your hands to try to carry all your groceries up two flights of stairs in one trip
  • Spray-and-wash is my best friend
  • Having a clean kitchen is a wonderful feeling
  • Never turn down free food
  • Patience
  • Arthur never dies
  • There aren't near enough episodes of Puzzle Place on YouTube
  • Post-it notes are a great way to decorate cinder block walls
  • Everything is funnier when Phebe is around
  • A Very Potter Musical is the best thing. Ever.
  • Shaving your legs in a three foot shower is like trying to wrestle an alligator (comparison courtesy of Brooklin)
  • It IS possible to have fun and be studious at the same time
  • And oh, so much more...

I'm so glad I decided to come up to Utah State. I can't imagine myself being anywhere else!

Our first dinner :) ~ My little bedroom ~ Heading to the 80's dance

This is Phebe. I love her. ~ Caught in the rain

1 comments:

Adri said...

Looks like oh-so-much fun! Glad you are livin' it up!