Monday, August 17, 2009

Phenominal Cosmic Powers, Itty Bitty Living Space

Want to hear something weird? I'm living in an apartment. At college. I have my own dishes and a whole case of Spaghettios. No one makes me food. (Well, except for tonight because my cousin Jaci invited me over for dinner, but you know what I mean.) I live in a tiny space with five other girls and only one bathroom. So far only four out of the six of us are here, but pretty soon it will be a full house.

I want to go back to kindergarten.

Okay, that makes it sound like I'm not enjoying myself at all when really I am. My roommates that are here already are all way nice and seem like very good girls. I still haven't met the other two (including the one I share a room with), but I'm sure it will all work out. Taryn, Erika, and Lindsay are the ones who are here and Brooklin and Christine are arriving later this week.

Moving in was kind of fun, actually. I liked being able to start from scratch and organize all my stuff. I got everything put away within a couple hours, and my OCD got the best of me tonight when I finally broke down and put away everyone else's kitchen stuff that they had piled on the already too small countertop. Both my parents and my two younger brothers came with me to help move all my stuff in and send me off. Dad and the boys carried all of my stuff up the two flights of stairs for me. My mom and I went grocery shopping and came back well stocked before we all went out to lunch. Then the brought me back and left me. That was weird, tell you what. I didn't really know what to do with myself all day. I kind of just sat a lot or found things to do on my computer while the other girls moved their stuff in. Today was a lot better though because we had church (that was an experience, tell you what) to add a little more structure. All four of us sat and talked for a long time tonight and I think that we're going to get along just great.

Maybe college won't be too bad, and it might be kind of fun to be "grown up"... but I'm definitely not throwing out my Disney Princesses Dreams Come True Forever coloring book.

2 comments:

Adri said...

Yeah! Your comment box is finally popping up! I've been trying to leave you comments for weeks! ;)

Your college move in day sounds suspiciously familiar. I remember looking around after the fam skeedattled and thinking, "Hmm...now what." Of course, this was BEFORE people had their own computers and BEFORE the internet was really available and BEFORE cell phones, so I just had to walk around the block.

Good luck!

Shelby said...

Yay! Your blog will let me comment now. I mish you, so very much. There was some summer rain the other day, but I'd heard you already moved out. It's okay, I will come visit you lots. And Britt said it's always weird at first when your family leaves, because you have nothing to do. I guess what I'm saying is... DEFINITELY don't throw away your Disney Princess Dreams Come True Forever coloring book, okay? I love you!