Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Identity Theft

I saw this advertised in this month's Family Fun magazine and I almost cried. I guess the first movie didn't do enough injustice. This is what disneysociety.com says about it:

"In Tinker Bell and the Lost Treasure Tinker Bell’s greatest adventure yet takes place in Autumn, as the fairies are on the mainland changing the colors of the leaves, tending to pumpkin patches, and helping geese fly south for the winter. The rare Blue Moon will rise, and when its light passes through the magical Fall Scepter that Tinker Bell has been summoned to create, Pixie Hollow’s supply of pixie dust will be restored. But when Tinker Bell accidentally puts all of Pixie Hollow in jeopardy, she must venture out across the sea on a secret quest to set things right."

I'm sorry, Disney, but Tinkerbell does not make "magical sceptors" to change the color of the leaves. Nor does she fly in a hot air balloon. And she may be sassy, but she's not a skank. Put some clothes on her. Give her some credit (and some dignity). AND... since when does Tinkerbell live in "Pixie Hollow"? What happened to Neverland?


And as if that's not bad enough... Disney has already set out on making the third and fourth Tinkerbell movies, and have announced that they will be followed by a fifth (to be called Tinkerbell: Race Through the Seasons. Seriously? Can't come up with anything other than the four seasons to base your movies off of? Isn't that what the first two are about?). I'm just glad J.M. Barrie isn't around to see this. What a disgrace. Sorry, Tink. I think you deserve a lot more credit than that.

2 comments:

Brittany said...

love this post! seriously...i've always wondered why tinker bell looks like a harlot? oh disney, so misguided. love you.

Totohiro said...

Disney is basically second (sometimes tied for first) to Jesus in my family, you know that. But I agree with you whole-heartedly here. Any straight-to-video Disney film needs to be disregarded, especially these heretical Tinkerbell films.