(Pretend I wrote this last week.)
Well, I waited all semester for this, and now spring break has come and gone. It wasn't particularly eventful (no beaches, swimming suits, or sand dunes), but it was still a break and that's all I wanted. (Okay lies. I'm not going to say that I didn't want to go to Mexico or California, but a trip to Kaysville was good enough for now.) The break started off with a trip to Hale Theatre with my daddy for a production of Fiddler on the Roof. Definitely a great father-daughter show. Trevor and Sherstin came up on Sunday evening and brought Grandpa for dinner and an early birthday celebration. The nineteen mismatched candles that were crammed into my New York style cheesecake were blown out by Makenna before I got a chance to make a wish. I think that's probably a bad omen for the year. Birthday presents included a new set of scriptures, a paper cutter, and a whole jar of chocolate covered raisins! Mmm..boy! I also got a crock pot from Trevor and Sherstin (Recycled wedding gift. I was there when they opened it.) and some homemade headbands from Hilary.
Everyone else had school all week, so the rest of the break was spent playing at home with Diva and Miss Meka. Meka is in the middle of being potty trained, so I had my share of trips to the potty, handing out lifesavers, and changing wet pats. Days were spend playing, making mints with mom, looking for jobs, digging up the garden, and being completely and blissfully lazy. Evenings were spent going to movies, wandering the neighborhood with dad, visiting wonderful friends, playing games, and staying up late watching Cake Boss. The week concluded with a trip to Provo to see my bff Jon perform in BYU's production of As You Like It. The weekend didn't end up as planned, but the show was beautiful and playing with Tressa all weekend was a blast! I finished up a blissful spring break by modeling for Hilary and playing funny, crazy games with the family.
I may not have had my turn to get sunburned over the break, but I loved being able to spend some time with friends and family, especially with my best friend Mom. Maybe next year I'll be able to afford to go somewhere adventurous.
Friday, March 26, 2010
A Little Spring, a Little Birthday, and a Whole Lot of R&R
Brought to you by Rachel Nell
Labels: Daddio, Family, Friends, Holidays, Mommy Dearest, My Munchkins
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I really can't say thank you enough for coming. It means the world to me, and I'm even more happy that you liked it! You're a great friend. Most of my friends in Provo haven't even seen it yet!
Sounds like good, clean fun! Well, except for the potty-training part. And, Happy Birthday!
Post a Comment