Thursday, July 12, 2012

Reunion

My beautiful grandmother passed away 10 1/2 years ago.  Ten years already sounds like a long time, but it seems even longer when put into the perspective of how much has happened in that decade.  I was in fifth grade and not quite eleven when she died.  In the last 10 1/2 years....


7 Grandchildren were added to the family,
3 Grandchildren served full-time missions,
10 More grandchildren were married, and
22 Great-Grandchildren were born.
There were 10 Annual Croxford Family Christmas parties,
10 trips to Bear Lake,
And many more get-togethers in between.

That's only a small sample of the life events that we have celebrated in our family in the last decade. That is a lot of life to live without your eternal companion by your side.

Today, after ten-and-a-half long years apart, my grandfather was finally reunited with the love of his life.

It is always sad to lose someone you love, but today I am also filled with joy that they are finally having their reunion in Heaven.  His heart broke when she died, and I imagine that today, it's finally full again.

See you later, Grandpa.

Love, 
Rachel

2 comments:

cole linnae said...

death is always a little easier when you know the love of their life is waiting for them on the other side! love you rachie

Scott and Tara Pearce said...

I decided it is much easier to lose the second parent. The loneliness is finally gone. This was a sweet tribute. Love you!