Today started out as a pretty good day. I walked into my apartment an hour ago after successfully selling half of my textbooks back to the bookstore only to see a mouse quickly run and hide under my couch! I immediately called the maintenance office for our apartment complex, but of course they closed fifteen minutes before, (Seriously? Who closes at 4:30?) so now I'm on my own. I thought about sweeping it out with a broom and catching it under a bucket, but then I wasn't sure what to do with it after that since you can't really pick it up with a piece of paper like you can a spider. I think I will wait until Tyson gets home and we will double-team it. In the meantime, I'm sitting here making sure the couch is within my vision at all times wracking my brain trying to figure out how it got in here. It's not like it can gnaw its way through cinder block unless it's some sort of mutant mouse with teeth of steel. We don't have any holes or large vents that I can think of, and we always have the screen shut when we open the back door. I can handle getting one mouse out of the apartment, but I'm paranoid that there will be more to follow and I'll end up having an Anne of Green Gables moment and finding one dead in my plum pudding!
I contemplated pulling the hunting rifles out of the trunk and exterminating the little guy, but I don't think that would go over too well with housing maintenance, or the police. Maybe I'll just set up one of these instead:
Monday, May 7, 2012
Rodent
Brought to you by Tyson & Rachel
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Ew ew ew!
Post a Comment