Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Parenting 101...

...from the mouth of Kindergartners.


Rule #1: The More the Merrier
Girl 1: "You are your mom are the only people in your family? YOU DON'T HAVE ANY FAMILY?? I am so sorry! You must be so lonely!

Rule #2: Don't Bug Mom
Girl 2 (same conversation): "I think you're lucky. You get to have mother-daughter days every day."
Girl 3: "Um, no! Because my mom goes to work and I go to school, and when she's not at work she's busy and I'm tired when I'm not at school." (Insert very convincing eye roll from 5-year-old)

Rule #3: Moms Must Be Super Efficient
Girl 1: "I try to help my mom clean, but she's just way too fast for me."

Rule #4: Many Hands Make Light Work
Girl 1: "I'm drawing my dad laying on the floor because that's his favorite thing to do. Except he really lays on the bed all day. That's all he ever does."
Girl 3: "Your dad doesn't do any work?"
Girl 1: "No, he just lays there."
Girl 2: "That is NOT fair! Dad's should have to do work, too! It's not like it's just the mom's job!"

Rule #5: The Kids Are Really The Ones In Charge
Girl 1: "I usually clean my room, but I'm not going to today. My dad's going to do it."
Me: "That's nice of your dad to clean your room for you."
Girl 1: "Yeah, I'm going to make him."


If only parents knew the things their children say at school. :)

0 comments: