Well folks, it's finally that time. After nearly two years of haphazard blogging, I have finally reached my 100th post! To celebrate this not-so-monumental occasion, I will bless your life by telling you one hundred semi-interesting things you probably never cared to know about me. So without further ado and in no particular order, I give you an excruciatingly long list that you probably won't finish reading. Cheers!
1. I was named after my grandma Nell who was named after her father’s favorite horse.
2. My family has lived in the same house my whole entire life and I’ve traded bedrooms more times than I can even count.
3. You know how most little kids have monsters or ghosts under their beds? When I was little, I was convinced that there was a giant purple hairy octopus and a witch residing under mine.
4. I STILL remember a dream I had when I was 3 or 4 years old where I got kidnapped by the milkman.
5. I always keep Play-Doh, coloring books, and a large box of crayons on hand.
6. I eat cereal as a late-night snack more often than I do for breakfast.
7. Someday I want an old Victorian house with a huge yard, complete with a picket fence and wooden swing hanging from the giant willow tree out front. Oh, and don’t forget the breakfast nook.
8. I am almost done with my sophomore year at Utah State University, and I love being an Aggie! I am dual majoring in Elementary and Early Childhood Education with a dual emphasis in math and English as a Second Language (ESL).
9. Thanks to my daddy, baseball has always been my favorite sport.
10. I will see Beyonce perform live and in the flesh before I die.
11. I not-so-secretly wish I could belt it like a black girl.
12. It is not rare for me to narrate my life in my head.
13. One thing I cherish above most others is the close, personal relationship I share with both of my parents and all six of my siblings.
14. Ever since I was little, I’ve had a strange love for elephants. Someday I will ride one.
15. I’m not what you would consider the “outdoorsy type,” but I love spending time in nature. I like to think of nature as God’s artwork.
16. Bear Lake is probably my favorite place in the world. I have gone at least once a year since I was born.
17. Cheesecake is my greatest weakness.
18. I really want a puppy.
19. I have never cheated in school.
20. In sixth grade, everyone called me George.
21. I love pizza.
22. I can spend a whole day in a bookstore just browsing. I want to have a library in my house one day.
23. Hot chocolate should only ever be made with milk, not water.
24. My favorite accessory is earrings.
25. My milk of choice is 1%. I drink two gallons a week by myself.
26. I absolutely love birthdays!
27. Sometimes I buy underwear from the little girls’ department. I have no hips or bum.
28. I am probably the whitest person I’ve met. I don’t tan, meaning I stay my winter shade of white even in the summer time.
29. I have never owned an iPod.
30. If I could go back in time and learn an instrument, it would be the cello.
31. I get really excited about the idea of being a teacher.
32. Even more than a teacher, I want to be a mommy.
33. I’m not afraid to slip into the world of the imaginary.
34. As far as I know, I was not born with any birthmarks.
35. I frequently skip places instead of just walking.
36. One of my biggest pet peeves is when cupboard or closet doors get left open.
37. I have a lot of OCD tendencies.
38. Ever heard of the love languages? My top two are quality time and physical touch.
39. The ukulele is my instrument of choice.
40. In high school I learned how to sword fight for our production of Shakespeare’s Macbeth. I’m probably a nerd for liking it so much, but sometimes I wish I could do it again.
41. I don’t miss a single thing about high school, but I really miss the stage.
42. Pet peeve #2: crumbs on the counter.
43. I hate living with roommates. I can’t wait till my only roommate is my husband.
44. In general, I really don’t like the color pink.
45. I could read by the time I was four. I may not be very smart, but I’ve always loved learning.
46. I was super shy when I was little. Really though.
47. Even though I sometimes like to pretend otherwise, I’m probably more of a country girl than a city girl.
48. I’ve always thought it would be fun to buy a trailer and a dog and spend a year or so road-tripping across the whole United States.
49. I know it will never happen, but one dream of mine has always been to be the voice of a character in an animated movie.
50. I take a nap almost every day.
51. All three of my brothers are my heroes in different ways, and all of my sisters inspire me.
52. I have an unhealthy love for TLC (as in “The Learning Channel” on TV).
53. I am not afraid to belch and can usually out-perform most guys.
54. I don’t shower every day.
55. I have a slight fear of escalators.
56. I secretly hope that my future family consists of mostly boys.
57. My boys WILL be gentlemen.
58. I thoroughly enjoy climbing trees.
59. For a long time, I thought the tall towers with fire on top at the refineries were so we could still see in case the moon went out. (I have my sister to thank for that one.)
60. Growing up, my favorite thing to do was to play house with my siblings.
61. I am 20 years old and not a registered voter.
62. I really regret quitting piano, and not practicing harder when I was taking lessons.
63. I sleep curled up in the fetal position.
64. I love being a big sister.
65. Whenever I get stressed, my room gets really messy and I hate it.
66. I relate everyday events to Harry Potter.
67. Speaking of Harry Potter… I adore the books and hate the movies.
68. I still enjoy watching cartoons. I’m a fan of Phineas and Ferb.
69. I am terrible at getting my visiting teaching done.
70. I have a secret, undying love for office supplies.
71. I want to live in IKEA.
72. I frequently find myself deciding what songs I would sing to certain people in various situations if my life were a musical.
73. I’m poor, and I’m okay with it.
74. When I was still a fetus, the doctor sent my mom to a specialist because my head was too small. They thought I was going to be handicapped, but it turns out my head is just a really weird shape.
75. My skin is so fair that at one point, I started special ordering my makeup to get it light enough.
76. I went through a phase as a child where I wanted to be a ventriloquist. I got a dummy for Christmas one year and would sit in my room practicing for hours.
77. I went through another phase where I became obsessed with balloon-tying. I learned how to make all sorts of animals, toys, and hats out of balloons.
78. I’m the only one in my immediate family with blue eyes.
79. I’m really good at sounding like I know what I’m talking about.
80. One time I dreamed that I was a golden retriever.
81. Another time I dreamed that I was Steve Martin.
82. I like to think that if I went to Hogwarts, I would be good friends with Fred and George Weasley.
83. I have terrible eyesight. I can’t wait to have Lasik surgery one day.
84. I love people-watching.
85. Sometimes I talk in different accents in public if I don’t know anyone around me.
86. I’m terrible with words, but I’m a really good speller.
87. I love to play games with people, especially my family.
88. Someday I want to own a children’s bookstore and/or old-fashioned toy store.
89. My ultimate goal in life is to become the world’s coolest grandma.
90. I have to learn to play the recorder in my elementary music class. Instead of actually learning the notes, I just watch other people’s fingerings and then play by ear.
91. My mom has always been my best friend.
92. I read for fun.
93. I love hanging out with my family.
94. I have always been close to the cousins on my mom’s side of the family. My dad’s family, on the other hand, conveniently forgets to invite us to stuff on a regular basis.
95. In sixth grade, the computer teacher let me play games instead of doing the regular assignment whenever we were in the computer lab because I could type almost 60 words a minute.
96. I consider myself a top-of-the-line Facebook finder. (It’s not stalking.)
97. Maybe I’m just cocky, but I’ve always considered myself to be very mature for my age.
98. I really like to talk, but I tend to be really quiet in unfamiliar settings.
99. I love having painted toenails.
100. I am a firm believer in the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

4 comments:
This made me laugh. It was perfect! But I especially liked #91
i read every single one. hahah. i love you.
Very fun! We're kindred spirits...I wanted to be a ventriloquist, too (I checked out a movie at the library to learn how...but never got so far as getting my own dummy!) And, I alway wanted to be a clown so I could do balloon tying! :)
Also...I guess you must be mature for your age if you're engaged! Aaah! Congrats!
Haha, I thought the oil refinery fires were making clouds...
Post a Comment