Well, I did it. I have successfully made it through my first semester of college without anything completely detrimental happening. My unicorn glitter tattoo that I put on my shoulder for good luck really paid off. The lady who ran the copies for my nutrition test somehow skipped every other page, so we only had to take half a test. Thanks to my lucky unicorn, the half that got skipped was all of the chemistry and most of the essential vitamins, so basically I had a VERY easy final and only missed two! I didn't have to take the final in human development because my other test scores were really high, and I'm pretty sure I aced my stats test. Creative arts, not so sure about. BUT, it's over and done with and that's what counts! Finals week was tough, but not as bad as I was anticipating. A couple of my roommates turned absolutely hilarious in their stress-induced insanity, so there was always some great entertainment when I needed a break. Plus, there was the never-ending free food (including muddy buddies, my all time favorite. mmm, boy!) that seems to go hand in hand with testing.
My first semester was great! I learned a lot, and not just the material taught in classes. I met great people and made wonderful friends. There were many tears, but much more laughter. I attended my first college football and basketball games, was culturally enriched at a dance hosted by the African-American student union, successfully avoided catching the swine flu, had campfires in the canyon, got locked out of my apartment more than once, ate a LOT of spaghettios, exploded a can of spaghettios, held a goldfish funeral and buried him in an indoor garden, learned to ignore Thing One and Thing Two and not mutter obscenities under my breath as I clean the whole apartment after they leave, made home-made decorations for every holiday, colored lots of pictures, got my pillow frozen to my window and had to thaw it off with a hair dryer, actually got asked on a date by someone who was not a creeper, and had so many wondrous adventures!
Next semester's schedule is going to be harder than this one was, but I'm excited to find out what it has in store. But for now, I am going to enjoy having a whole month off of school with nothing to worry about but keeping little hands out of the fish bowl. Good luck to all of you who still have finals left to endure, and happy holidays!
Friday, December 11, 2009
Success!
Brought to you by Rachel Nell
Labels: College Life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment